one community | one voice | one place
Purpose of the Program
The goal of this program is to provide gainful summer employment for college students. It utilizes and helps develop college students' abilities and acquaints them with the City as an employer. The student is responsible for all expenses, including housing.
The Student Aide II (Recreation) works at $12 per hour, and the Student Aide III (Recreation) works at $14 per hour in the Department of Parks and Recreation's Summer Fun, and Teen programs. Contract hours vary up to 328 hours in an 8 week period.
1. Have successfully completed at least one year of college (24 credits) by June 2018, and intend to continue toward an associate, bachelor's or graduate degree to qualify for Student Aide II and III.
2. Be currently enrolled in college at least half-time, or intend to register in Fall 2018.
3. Be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the United States or non-citizen authorized under federal law to work in the U.S. To meet the requirements of the Federal Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all persons selected must provide original documents to verify identity and employment eligibility before starting work.
4. Have satisfactorily performed work as a Student Aide II (Recreation) for the Department of Parks and Recreation, City and County of Honolulu, to qualify for Student Aide III (Recreation).
5. Have a valid First Aid Certificate (not required at the time of application, but must be obtained by the first day of employment, valid through the period of employment).
The following are brief descriptions of the types of jobs you may be assigned as a Summer Aide in the Department of Parks and Recreation. We hope that this will give you a better understanding of what summer work entails and assist you in accurately completing your application.
Student Aide II - Recreation, works at $12 per hour
Student Aide III - Recreation, works at $14 per hour
Online Application Forms and Deadline
You must file an application even if you participated in the program previously. Applications must be completed online. No hard copy applications will be accepted. If you have any questions, call 808-768-3020. Applications open December 14, 2017 and end June 16, 2018.
CLICK HERE to APPLY:
Leave a Reply.
With an amazingly diverse, talented, and warm culture, the Ewa Community is a beautiful place to raise a family, start and maintain a business, or simply enjoy life!
~ ewa4ewa ~
© 2018-2023. All Rights Reserved.